Safe behaviour in the workplace is directly related to the behaviour of Leadership and Supervisors. Day-to-day safety performance in hazardous environments is transformed by a leaders positive, confident engagement with people and teams.
Our Leading Safety training programme is for all who lead and manage risk and safe behaviour in a dynamic risk environment, from construction to chemicals to utilities. Leading Safety blends HSEQ safety management systems with best practice safety leadership – leadership that challenges, encourages, motivates and inspires safe practice.
- Is everyone in the team actively engaged in safety?
- How well do I understand my teams behaviours?
- How connected am I to my team?
- Are Toolbox Talks clear, genuinely engaging and with understanding confirmed (and not just a run-through followed by ‘sign here’)
- Is it easy, in practice, to communicate upwards any safety concerns?
- If I ask them who their safety champion is, whom would they name?
- What stops ‘Stop the Job’?
From Task Risk Assessment to Toolbox Talks, we look at how your leadership counts and how understanding of safety processes complements an understanding of people and engagement.
This programme will offer leadership communication skills and awareness in dynamic environments with an ability to engage and coach safe working practice.
Leading Safety will develop skills that deliver sustainable safe practice, will transform leadership behaviours and ability to engage and inspire safe practice.
What will be the Outcomes?
Team Leaders and Supervisors will be confident in their ability to engage and influence people and behaviours in safe work and safe outcomes.
- Understanding their team behaviours
- Awareness of self and others and what is really being communicated about safety
- How to adapt and connect with teams and attitudes on safety
- Ability to handle assertively handle challenges to safety
- Communication tools for real safety engagement
- Meaningful feedback on safe practice
- Intensive learning in practical skills for Leaders in Safety
All our programmes develop an ability to adapt a safety conversation that connects, engages and changes behaviour. The activities during the training develop understanding of unsafe behaviours into transforming behaviour.
Who is it for?
All who lead and manage risk and safe practice in dynamic, hazardous environments
How is it Delivered?
The Leading Safety programme is customised for each client and is designed alongside the client’s safe systems of work. This ensures that leadership understand what the safety systems are why they are important and , crucially, how leadership ensures that safe practice follows. The current delivery platform for this programme is virtual.
- We get to know your safety systems and the leadership challenges of safe practice at the sharp end
- Design transformational Safety Leadership around your safe systems of work
- Deliver a two-day programme of live , interactive facilitation.
- Optional One-to-One post-programme Coaching as each participant applies the skills.
What do our clients say?
Quite simply, this course should be compulsory for all Offshore Managers and Supervisors