What do our clients say?
The Subsea 7 OSL course has enabled Subsea 7 to develop high-performing Offshore Supervisors. OSL develops the daily behaviour of Offshore Supervisors & Team Leads to get the best out of people and teams they manage on our operational site be it offshore or onshore – no matter the crew or shift make up of different nationalities and cultures – and in doing so, contribute to Subsea 7 offshore safety performance and communication. The tools and techniques are simple, practical and memorable with practice and feedback using familiar supervisor scenarios. OSL has been a great stepping stone in the development of Subsea 7 leading safety program and our Work safe / Home Safety campaign.
Aims & Objectives
The Offshore Supervisor is key in leading safety in the oil and gas and energy sector. The ability to lead and develop your team, look after your asset and maximise return through safe and efficient offshore execution, is vital. In our Offshore Supervisor Leadership course participants develop practical leadership skills for immedate use on an asset or terminal.
After global delivery to over 1000 participants, this ILM approved Offshore Supervisory Leadership programme is now available in Aberdeen.
Offshore Supervisor Leadership is a 2 day workshop developed as a result of over 20 years delivering management and leadership skills in Oil and Gas. Participants develop practical leadership skills for immediate use on an asset or terminal.
Highly interactive, Offshore Supervisor Leadership draws on participants personal experience with practice on real, recognisable supervisor scenarios. Participant numbers are limited to maximise impact. The unique gofastforward commit-to-it process records and monitors each participants specific application of the learning with personal coaching.
- A 2-Day intensive learning event in offshore and remote asset Leadership skills
- Personal coaching of each participant to ensure learning transfer
- Practical & Immediately Applicable Tools and Techniques in getting the best out of Offshore Teams
- Unique commit-to-it process for measurable application of the tools and techniques
- Shared Best Practice with other Offshore Supervisors
This event runs at Jurys Inn in the centre of Aberdeen with excellent transport links. Lunch and refreshments during the day included.
- Date : 29 & 30 April 2020
- Venue : Jurys Inn, Aberdeen
- Price per delegate : £950
Please click here for our Terms & Conditions
Offshore Supervisor Leadership | 2 Day Programme
- Setting the Scene, The Typical Shift & Personal Plans | Introductions, reviewing the daily issues and challenges of Offshore Supervision and participant objectives
- The Offshore Supervisor Defined | The Good, The Average & The Ugly
- Leading Safety | The factors that will make your Offshore Leadership effective and safe
- Who you are Leading | …..and what motivates them
- The Right Leadership Style | The four styles and when to use them
- Leading Communication | Why all leadership is about Communication
- Asking Great Questions | ….and listening to the answers.
- Delegation….that develops | Delegate to get the job done and develop ability
- Managing Mates | Manage the relationship, maintain the leadership
- Managing Safety | The visible leadership of zero tolerance
- How to Create & Maintain a Team | From Forming to Performing…..and Reforming
- Resolving Team Conflict | Why it happens and how to fix it
- Feel , See, Think , Do | The daily feedback process that challenges , encourages and inspires
- Manage Underperformance | Leading Performance turnaround in individuals and teams
- ‘Real play’ session | Using Offshore Supervisory Leadership tools and techniques to solve typical challenges
- Maintain & Sustain | Put the learning into action with a plan to maintain and sustain
- Feedback, Review & Commit-to-It