What will be the Outcomes?
Team Leaders and Supervisors will be confident in their ability to engage and influence people and behaviours in safe work and safe outcomes.
- Understanding behaviours and types in people
- Awareness of self and others and what is really being communicated about safety
- How to adapt and connect with teams and attitudes on safety
- Ability to handle assertively handle challenges to safety
- Communication tools for real safety engagement
- Meaningful feedback on safe practice
- Intensive learning in practical skills for Leaders in Safety
All our programmes develop an ability to adapt a safety conversation that connects, engages and changes behaviour. The activities during the training develop understanding of unsafe behaviours into transforming behaviour.
Who is it for?
All who lead and manage risk and safe practice in dynamic environments, from offshore oil and gas to construction to energy.
How is it Delivered?
The Leading Safety programme is customised for each client and is designed alongside the client’s safe systems of work. This ensures that leadership understand what the safety systems are why they are important and , crucially, how leadership ensures that safe practice follows. The current delivery platform for this programme is virtual.
- We get to know your safety systems and the leadership challenges of safe practice at the sharp end
- Design transformational Safety Leadership around your safe systems of work
- Deliver a series of four, half-day modules of live , interactive facilitation via video-conference.
- One-to-One post-programme Coaching for each participant in applying the skills.
It has long been understood that the majority of accidents in the workplace could have been prevented by better behavioural skills . Safe behaviour in the workplace is directly related to the behaviour of Leadership and Supervisors. Our Safety Management / HSEQ course delivers transformational techniques for management to use. Safety performance in hazardous environments is transformed by a leaders positive, confident engagement with people and teams .
Our Leading Safety training programme is for all who lead and manage risk and safe behaviour in a dynamic environment including nuclear energy and oil and gas offshore platforms. Leading Safety blends safety management systems with best practice safety leadership – leadership that challenges, encourages , motivates and inspires safe practice.
The programme supports our clients management systems with effective leadership fundamental to safe practice. Leadership and interactions practice in safety processes will be aligned with recognisable practice up and down your organisation. Fundamental understanding of key safety processes is matched with an understanding of people and engagement . From Task Risk Assessment to Toolbox Talks we look at how a safety management system and a safe system on paper leads to safe practice in our people.
This programme will offer leadership communication skills and awareness in dynamic environments with an ability to engage and coach safe working practice.
The outcome will be Leadership practice across your organisation consistent in transforming engagement in safety. Leadership skills delivering sustainable practice – from the Supervisor in the centre of operation to the Senior Executive as supporter, provider and role model. All will operate from the same reference in their leadership of safe practice.
With over 20 years experience in developing Managers and Supervisors, our course will enable the learning of practical tools and techniques to help motivate, inspire and lead your team.
What do our clients say?
Quite simply, this was the most effective training I’ve experienced.