Working Offshore is hazardous. Basic compliance is not enough. Offshore Safety Leadership will develop your ability to connect, engage and involve a team for safe work in all operations, in all weathers, 24/7.
With winds sometimes at over 50 knots and a swell of 25m – Offshore work can be harsh and offshore operations hazardous. Keeping people and teams safe needs more than simple compliance with safety procedures and safe systems of work. Most incidents happen in environments deemed as fundamentally ‘compliant’ but with teams that are just not engaged. The challenge, as we have seen with our clients across the globe, is how you get your teams to not just know and understand safety procedure but to actively engage in safety awareness day in, day out. In all conditions. in all weathers. With every type of operation.
Offshore Safety Leadership blends knowledge of safe process with the skill of understanding how to motivate every one of your people in your team to behave safely – both individually and for each other. And it all starts with the leader, the supervisor, the gaffer.
Our Offshore Safety Leadership training programme is for all who lead and manage risk and safe behaviour – from vessel to subsea to installation.
Leading Safety complements safety management systems with best practice safety leadership – that challenges, encourages , motivates and inspires safe practice.
- Are Toolbox Talks clear, genuinely engaging and with understanding confirmed (and not just a run-through followed by ‘sign here’)
- Is safety as imagined, safety as practiced?
- Do all really believe they can ‘Stop the Job’ anytime, with anyone?
The safety processes that you have are nothing without engagement. This programme develops Supervisor and Leaders who engage teams in safety, in every operation, every weather, every shift.
What will be the Outcomes?
Offshore Supervisors and Leaders will be confident in their ability to engage and influence people and behaviours in safe work and safe outcomes.
- Communication tools for real safety engagement offshore
- Toolbox Talks that engage and matter – every time
- Ability to assertively handle challenges to safety
- Landing the safety message with all – from the keen new to the grizzled experienced
- How to ensure that ‘Stop the Job’ counts
- Awareness of self and others and what is really being communicated about safety
- How to adapt and connect with teams and attitudes on safety
- Meaningful feedback on safe practice
All our programmes develop an ability to adapt a safety conversation that connects, engages and changes behaviour. The activities during the training develop understanding of unsafe behaviours into transforming behaviour.
Who is it for?
All who supervise and lead in an offshore environment.
How is it Delivered?
Offshore Safety Leadership is customised for each client and is designed alongside the client’s safe systems of work. This ensures that leadership understand what the safety systems are, why they are important and crucially, how leadership ensures that safe practice follows. The current delivery platform for this programme is virtual.
- We get to know your safety systems and the leadership challenges of safe practice at the sharp end
- Design transformational Safety Leadership around your safe systems of work
- Deliver a series of four, half-day modules of live , interactive facilitation via video-conference.
- One-to-One post-programme Coaching for each participant in applying the skills.
What do our clients say?
Quite simply, this course should be compulsory for all Offshore Managers and Supervisors