Essential Leadership is 2 days of practical tools and techniques for Leaders and Supervisors of teams. Ideal for those who are new to Leadership and Supervisory positions, it builds competence and competence in getting the best out of people.
Leadership is about people. Leaders achieve through the performance of others. This can be difficult for those who are used to fulfilling the task , rather than leading the people. Essential Leadership skills will communicate, motivate and develop people to better individual performance in supportive teams .
- Essential Leadership from gofastforward is a distillation of more than 20 years developing management and leadership skills
- Tools and Techniques that are immediately applicable
- Maximum of 10 Delegates for high personal interaction
- Money-Back Guarantee. If a participants does not benefit from Essential Leadership we will refund the course fee!
Who is it for?
Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors and any who are new to leadership and management or want a leadership skills refresh.
What are the outcomes?
- Confident Leadership | A Leader who understands people
- Ability to Manage Performance | Productive performance feedback
- Leadership Behaviours | You and your team , walk the talk
- Effective Communication | Clear, persuasive communication
- Productive Delegation | Get the best from your people
- Lead a Team from Forming to Performing | And with each team reform
- Practical , Immediately Applicable Tools | Minimum theory, maximum practice
The gofastforward commit-to-it process ensures measurable application of these skills. You can measure the difference this programme makes.
How is Essential Leadership Delivered?
We deliver this leadership programme in-house and customised for your organisation. We consult with you on designing and delivering a programme that is specific to your people and their stage of development and the environment they operate in.
Essential Leadership is occasionally delivered as an open programme in Edinburgh, Glasgow & Aberdeen. Please contact us to find out when we’ll be running Essential Leadership in your area.
Essential Leadership Content
- Introductions and individual objectives for the course
- Discussion to understand the role of a manager and a leader
- Key traits of successful Leaders
- Leader or Manager – What’s the difference?
- Understand the four management styles and when to use them
- Leadership means understanding Followers. Who exactly are you managing and leading?
- Understanding your team – why people do what they do
- Understand and use the four typical reactions to having to make a decision and the impact of each of these reactions
- Delegate or Get Home Late | Identify the benefits of effective delegation and the barriers to delegating effectively
- Who Are you Talking to? | Adapt & Connect with people for powerful communication
- Knowing Me, Knowing You | Adapt and Connect for productive relationships
- Personal strategies to adapt and connect your leadership with your team
- Feel , See, Think , Do | Delivering gofastforward motivational and developmental feedback
- ‘Real play’ session | Practiced, practical solutions to solve your workplace issue
- Personal Feedback, Review & Commit-to-It
What do our clients say?
“A course less-ordinary! Continuously engaging, great fast pace. Brilliant strategies. Will absolutely help me to be better”.